We are going into this process trusting in God’s perfect timing and His continued provision.
Looking Ahead through Three stages…
Stage One – the “paper chase”:
· The first four to seven months will include the completion of our Home Study and the preparation of our Dossier to be submitted to the China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA) – The CCCWA is the federal agency which oversees international adoption-related activities in China.
Stage Two – the “waiting game”:
· Waiting for Referral – once our dossier is logged with the CCCWA, we wait for the referral of our daughter.
· China’s Waiting Child Program – we are opting to participate in China’s Waiting Child Program. This is a referral program that allows families to adopt children ages 6 months – 13 ½ years who have a medical condition, repaired condition or a healthy child generally 8 years of older. The wait time will vary based on the children currently in the program – the rough estimate is approximately six months until receive a picture of Makenna!
Stage Three – our “homecoming”:
· Once our referral is accepted then we begin to prepare for our travel to China – travel usually occurs 4-6 months after the referral acceptance.
· Jason & I both plan to travel to China to meet our daughter, complete the paperwork, and bring her home.