Saturday, April 21, 2012

Change in Perspective

It's amazing how quickly your perspective can change... spring came early this year because of the mild winter and early warm weather.  It was disappointing to have a dry winter with no snow, but the early warm days were certainly welcome.  Last weekend two trees began to flower in our front yard.  These weren't new trees, they have been here since we moved in over 3 years ago and Jason's grandparents had them for as long as I can remember.  But, this year as the beautiful pink and white flowers took full bloom, they took on new meaning for us.  The trees are our Chinese Dogwood trees.  Last weekend we looked out our front window and saw them in a new light - are there trees like this near Makenna - will these trees be familiar to her when she finally comes home?  I honestly didn't think much about them before last weekend - now they have a whole new meaning to me.

That quick of a change in perspective makes me wonder what else I may be missing?  I pray that our eyes are opened to see and experience many wonderful blessings through this adoption journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment